Since the weather is getting warm again I’ve been craving s’mores like crazy. The only challenge was to accomplish the same s’more flavor without the campfire, and to do something a little more creative than just using the microwave to heat up some boring chocolate and marshmallow.
That gave me the idea to cook up a s’mores inspired tart, or a campfire pie if you will! After a few test runs, I feel as though I’ve perfected my recipe. You can find that below! Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and get going!
To make Campfire Pie, you will need:
- Graham cracker pie crust. (Recipe here)
- 12oz can coconut cream
- 1 bag (2 cups) chocolate chips (I used dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff OR 1 bag marshmallows (or find vanilla meringue recipe here)
To make the filling:
- Heat coconut cream in a medium saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Slowly add in chocolate chips, and stir until fully melted.
- Once melted, take off the heat and allow filling to cool for ten minutes.
- After cooling, beat in two eggs.
- Pour chocolate ganache into pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chocolate becomes custard-like.
- After baking, allow pie to cool thoroughly before adding marshmallow topping.
After the pie is cooled, spread your topping on the pie. If you made meringue, bake according to meringue recipe instructions. If you chose marshmallows or fluff, apply these to the pie and enjoy! Broil for a few moments for a toasted marshmallow effect if desired, just watch to make sure it doesn’t burn! Pie is best served chilled.
What is your favorite flavor of pie?