It’s officially Spring, and most of the east coast was plummeted with inches of snow to celebrate! That’s good ole climate change for you… but I won’t rant, I’ll just drop this post here.
Now the topic for today… the Ins & Outs of Winter (January-March) 2018. I’ve decided that for a new feature on the blog, I’ll compile a list of what’s “In” and what’s “Out” this season – a nod to Massie Block’s “Current State of the Union”, if you read the Clique books growing up, if not, excuse me for that hyper-niche reference (but you can check out this pinterest board, it’s a goldmine) – It’s just what it sounds like. What’s in and what’s out, according to me this month. I’ll try to make it juicy if I can. I’d love to hear yours too, so please leave a comment!
- MoviePass, no joke I’ve used this thing so many times already.
- Movies worth seeing: Red Sparrow, Black Panther, and Thoroughbreds
- Going to bed early
- A nightly skincare routine that has you going to bed looking like a wax figure (shiny af) but waking up with the skin of a well-hydrated toddler.
- Yellow everything.
- Speaking of yellow – I’ve been wearing these Vans nonstop.
- Berets! I bought one, yet to be debuted on the head, but I’ll wear it soon!
- Handwritten notes. Seriously, write someone one! It will make their day.
- Girls night in with wine, a meat and cheese tray – charcuterie if you wanna sound fancy – and a 90s rom com.
- Knowing what kind of wine you like. I’m a riesling or rosé gal usually, but will make an exception for sweet red. Petit manseng is my all-time favorite, but hard to find.
- Candlefish candles – #94 is my favorite!
- Productivity apps. My fave is “Todoist”
- Lip stain
- Enneagrams (I’m a #4. What number are you?)
- Penne with marinara and sausage
- Buying gifts for others (and yourself) on Etsy. Handmade is the WAY!
- Fika breaks – I’ll take mine with tea and a croissant, thanks.
- Peaky Blinders
- Meghan Markle. I’m obsessed!
- Whatever new Frappuccino flavor is out right now (magic carpet? sea witch?)
- Off the shoulder tops (I wish I could rock these but they look awful on me!)
- People interrupting / talking over one another
- Matte lipstick
- Beer, in general.
- Easter candy. Can we have Valentine’s back?
- YouTuber book deals. I’m happy people are getting these opportunities, but I haven’t found too many of the books to actually be good. More books written by talented young authors, please!
- The crazy weather causing a weak cherry blossom bloom this year
What are your ins and outs of the month?