Hey there friends. It’s been hectic over here on the life-slash-work-slash-blog front. Things sometimes like to get in the way of my blogging, but I try not to let any of it get the best of me for long. I’m here again!
Every once in a while I get a little stressed out, and I write a post about things that are completely okay, contrary to what we may feel. It’s totally okay to take a break when you need it, and it’s okay to be okay with that. Here are a few other things that are totally acceptable. *Note: chocolate is not on this list, but it is beyond acceptable at any given time. Ever.
It’s totally okay:
- To stay up a little too late talking to someone you love,
- And order an extra espresso shot the next day.
- To throw your hair up and rock that “I Woke Up Like This” look.
- To forget to text back every once in a while.
- To spend an hour poring over personality tests to discover who you really are once and for all.
- To spend an hour poring over Tumblr to find the perfect “aesthetic.”
- To never find any concrete results in either of those categories.
- To let yourself rest.
- To let yourself let go.
- To let yourself hold on.
- To be afraid sometimes.
- To make cupcakes at 1AM on a Tuesday.
- To have your feet firmly planted,
- Or your head in the clouds.
- To voice your opinion when warranted,
- And to keep your mouth shut sometimes.
- To zone out occasionally,
- Or to be ultra-focused.
- To plan something out months in advance,
- Or years in advance,
- Or even the day of.
- To sweat the small stuff,
- And the big stuff,
- And the in-between stuff.
- To admit when you’re stressed out.
- To ask for help.
- To eat the granola bars because they’re trendy,
- Or because you genuinely believe they’re better for you.
- To have firm beliefs, morals, and principles,
- Or to not really be sure what works for you yet.
- To watch an entire season of Parks and Recreation in one day.
- Same with Broad City, Portlandia, Orange is the New Black, or any other show you love.
- To think back on things and laugh,
- Or cringe,
- Or even cry.
- It’s okay if your eyebrows aren’t always on fleek.
- It’s okay if you want to leave the porch light on.
- It’s okay to walk a little slower,
- to look around you,
- to take it all in.
- It’s okay.
For more things it’s okay to do, check out: