The other day, my roommate and I went on a trip to Shenandoah Caverns, and on the way home, we passed by a field of sunflowers. If I were by myself, I’m not sure I would’ve stopped, but since we were in an adventurous mood, and had our cameras, we thought “why not.” So I quickly made a U-Turn, parked nearby, and joined the other photogs snapping pictures of the beautiful flowers.
I don’t know about you, but passing by a gigantic field of sunflowers (or any flower, really) isn’t an everyday occurrence. It was a nice break from our busy, suburban lifestyles (even though I’m a farm girl at heart) and get out and enjoy nature for a while.
- I believe stopping to smell the roses (or sunflowers) should be a higher priority in our lives.
- I believe that people and opportunities are put in front of us for a reason, so we can experience things we never thought to in the first place.
- I believe that you get back what you put in.
- I believe that a big bowl of Mac & Cheese can help heal most wounds.
- I believe that love is a renewable resource.
- I believe that chocolate is acceptable currency. So are hugs.
- I believe that nothing can brighten someone’s mood better than kind words.
- I believe that a good run, a good cry, and a really good meal are all things someone needs every now and then.
- I believe in being barefoot whenever possible.
- I believe that falling asleep next to someone you love is one of the greatest feelings in life.
- I believe that reading a great work of literature can teach you a lot about yourself.
- I believe that you should order dessert if you want it.
- I believe in saying yes.
- I believe in finding your own magic.
- I believe in red lipstick.
- I believe in turning a negative into a positive.
- I believe in showing love when you feel it.
- I believe in paving your own way.
What do you believe in?
Melanie Smith says
Shenandoah Caverns is so beautiful! I love reading this gem! 🙂
Did we stop at the same one – just outside of Harrisonburg?? I can't imagine there are that many! xo
I love this post! Such inspirational words, and what pretty photos!
I've had a really bad week and coming across this post made me happy… thank you. What a lovely blog you have.